It's Tex Mex at it's finest. Enjoy these yummy enchiladas prepared with lean ground turkey. They fit perfectly into those healthy eating plans and they are a hit with adults and children alike. Say adios to high-fat Mexican dishes and hola to this healthy alternative.
For 0004 Person(s)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 16 ounce(s) lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/10 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 4 ounce(s) water
- 6 flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup(s) salsa
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 ºF.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick pan over medium heat, and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Add onion, garlic and green pepper, and saute until vegetables soften.
- Add lean ground turkey, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water, and stir until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add desired amount of filling in the center of each tortilla.
- Pour salsa over top, cover with cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes and serve.