Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
It's a wrap! There's no longer a reason to run to a restaurant to get your hands on delicious lettuce wraps. This family favorite is a staple in many healthy diets. One wrap -- and you're certain to see why.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounce(s) ground chicken breast
- 1/2 cup(s) wild leeks
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon(s) shrimp sauce
- 3 teaspoon(s) lime juice
- 1/3 teaspoon(s) teriyaki sauce
- 1 head butterhead lettuce
- 1 handful(s) parsley, chopped
- Heat a wok or large sauté pan over high heat.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of the oil and add the ground chicken.
- Make sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ½ tablespoon of oil.
- Add the leeks, red onion, garlic, and Jalapeño sauté, about 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp sauce, lime juice, and teriyaki sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf and serve.