Outstanding Orzo Salad
If you're in search of a healthy side that features pasta as the main staple, you have hit the jackpot with our outstanding orzo salad. It's a small bite that features a whole lot of flavor.
For 0004 Person(s)
- 1 cup(s) cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil; divided
- 8 ounce(s) orzo
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 1 dash(es) pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) leeks, finely chopped
- 1/3 tablespoon(s) basil
- 1/3 tablespoon(s) cilantro
- 1 teaspoon(s) tarragon
- 3 tablespoon(s) orange zest, grated
- 4 wooden skewers
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Thread the tomatoes onto the soaked wooden skewers.
- Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of water and a dash of salt to a boil.
- Add the orzo and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet.
- Add leeks, basil, cilantro, tarragon, and orange zest and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the orzo, then add the grilled tomatoes, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss well and let cool.