Dairy-Free Apple Berry Bake
An apple a day helps keep the doctor away. So why not enjoy this fibrous fruit atop a fluffy pancake with strawberries and syrup? A great breakfast or dessert for any occasion.
For 0004 Person(s)
- 2 tablespoon(s) light non-dairy butter spread
- 3 fuji apple, washed, peeled and sliced into ½ inch thick pieces
- 12 teaspoon(s) organic brown sugar
- 12 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 78 mL orange juice
- 1 pint organic strawberries, washed and cut into quarters
- 3 organic cage-free eggs
- 4 organic egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetend unflavored almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- In skillet melt non-dairy butter, remove 1 tbsp. and set aside for later. Add apples and 1 tbsp. of brown sugar. Cook until apples are soft and browned.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar and cinnamon together. Sift onto apples and stir in juice. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sauce gets a syrup like look.
- Place apples in a bowl and add strawberries. Stir until mixed well.
- Place oven skillet in oven to keep warm. Wisk eggs, egg whites, almond milk, sugar, orange zest and salt in bowl until mixed well. Sift in flour and mix batter until smooth, then add in non-dairy butter reserve.
- Take warmed skillet out of oven and pour in batter. Place back into oven and bake for about 10 mins., or until pancake is high and fluffy.
- Remove pancake from oven and top with fruit. Serve and enjoy!