Bean and Chicken Enchiladas
This recipe is the whole enchilada. Give your favorite Mexican dish a makeover by using beans and chicken. So good yet so healthy. It's border-line perfect. Say adios to those fat-laden dishes.
For 0004 Person(s)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced onion
- 1 cup(s) tomato sauce, canned, no salt added
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 7 corn tortillas
- 2 cup(s) canned black beans
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a medium, non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook chicken until no longer pink and juices run clear. Drain excess fat. Cube the chicken. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Sauté green pepper and onion in 2 tablespoons of the tomato sauce, until tender.
- Return chicken to skillet. Stir in the remaining tomato sauce, beans, corn, seasonings and cilantro and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the bean and chicken mixture on each tortilla and roll up.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve garnished with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, if desired.