Apple Cheddar Bacon Frittata
Breakfast. Lunch. Brunch. Pick a meal, any meal to serve this fabulous apple-cheddar-bacon frittata. When you're craving some gourmet goodness, get it here. It really is no yolk.
For 0006 Person(s)
- 10 organic eggs
- 1 dash(es) salt, to taste
- 1 dash(es) pepper, to taste
- 3 turkey bacon slices
- 2 Gala apples
- 1 tablespoon(s) light butter
- 1 cup(s) light Cheddar cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, crack 8 whole eggs, for the last two eggs, only the egg whites are needed.
- Whisk eggs until well beaten.
- Grate cheddar cheese and add half to the eggs. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a warmed skillet, fry turkey bacon strips until browned and crispy on both sides. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Once cooled, crumble bacon into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, core and peel apples. cut apples into flat slices.
- In a medium cast-iron skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture. Sprinkle atop with bacon crumbles. Arrange apple slices in a circular pattern atop egg mixture.
- Sprinkle over with remaining cheese.
- Move skillet to the upper oven rack.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until browned and the center is firm.
- Once cooked, remove from oven, using a spatula, loosen frittata from skillet and slide onto a clean plate.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then cut into slices and serve. Enjoy!