Most people don't think of creole chicken as a healthy staple, but with the right modifications, it has a place in virtually any healthy eating regiman. Dive into a diverse poultry recipe tonight. You'll be glad you did.
For 0004 Person(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, thin sliced crosswise
- 1 1/2 cup(s) celery, chopped
- 1 cup(s) tomatoes, diced, canned
- 1 cup(s) chili sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt, table
- 2 cup(s) organic brown rice, cooked
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a deep skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook thin strips of chicken, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes. Keep warm. Set aside.
- Add the celery, tomatoes, chili sauce, onion, green pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, parsley, cayenne pepper and salt. Cook this Creole sauce for about 8 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in an 8 x 11 inch baking dish. Pour the Creole sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Serve Creole chicken over brown rice.