Zucchini, eggplant, fennel and beets, oh my. This superfecta of vegetables is a nutritional delight. When paired with a lean protein, it's a well-balanced meal that surely won't disappoint.
For 0004 Person(s)
- 2 red bell pepper
- 10 brussels sprouts
- 4 baby fennel bulbs
- 1 beet
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 zucchini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/3 tablespoon(s) capers, chopped
- 4 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 4 slices of ciabatta
- Preheat the grill.
- Cut the peppers into quarters and remove and discard the seeds.
- Trim and halve the Brussels sprouts.
- Trim the fennel, reserving the fronds, and cut the bulbs into 1/4-inch slices.
- Cut the beets into 1/4-inch rounds.
- Cut the eggplant into thick slices and cut in half again.
- Cut the zucchini into thick slices and cut.
- Put all the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, mash garlic and 1/2 teaspoon of salt with the back of a spoon until paste forms.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and capers. Whisk in 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Drizzle mixture over vegetables and let marinate in a cool place for 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill, then cook until they are all tender and slightly charred.
- Let cool, the peel the peppers.
- Arrange the vegetables on a large platter, sprinkle with the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Add the pepper.
- Serve with a slice of ciabatta.