Best Banana Bread
You'll be hard pressed to find someone who can't identify the appeal in banana bread. This recipe raises the bar by providing a healthy rendition of a family favorite. Use it and lose it, the extra fat and calories that is.
For 0004 Person(s)
- 2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup(s) plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) mashed bananas
- 1 cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, applesauce, and maple syrup.
- Stir in the egg whites, yogurt, and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir in banana mixture into flour mixture.
- Grease a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter into the pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.