Slow Cooker Apple Butter
Apples to apples. This butter is versatile. Skip the store-bought brands and prepare your own. Slather this delicious, healthy butter in lieu of fatty dairy products on your next English muffin.
For 0001 Batch(es)
- 15 1/10 cup(s) apples (variety), peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 2 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 2 cup(s) apple cider
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- Peel, core and finely chop apples. Place in slow cooker
- In a medium sized bowl, mix apple cider, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, ground cloves and salt.
- Cover and cook on high for an hour.
- Reduce to low heat and cook for another 8-10 hours until the mixture is browned and thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Uncover and cook on low for an additional hour. Stir for adequate smoothness and texture.
- Store in airtight containers, good for 5 days in refrigerator or freeze.
- Use as topping for pancakes, waffles, pork chops, yogurt, and oatmeal!