Vegetable Barley Casserole
Casseroles have a bad wrap for being loaded with fat and calories. This veggie beef medley is an exception to the rule. Make it a staple on your healthy eating regimen. It's guaranteed to be a healthy fit.
For 0004 Person(s)
- 3 carrots
- 1 cooking spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cup(s) kale
- 1 3/4 cup(s) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) barley
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Peel and thinly slice carrots.
- Use cooking spray to grease a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and kale. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, carrots, barley, chili powder, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours.