Healthy Steak and Mushrooms with Mashed Potatoes
Are visions of steak dancing in your head? If they are, you've come to the right place. We have a lean, mean steak and mushroom dish. Meat lovers will be seeing red with this offering that's both healthy and hearty.
For 4 Person(s)
- 16 ounce(s) boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoon(s) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounce(s) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup(s) almond milk
- 1/2 ounce(s) rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme
- 1 onions, sliced
- 10 small red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- Discard fat from the steak. Cut into 4 pieces.
- Season with soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet heat oil and add the mushrooms and onions. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the mushrooms over the steak and keep warm.
- Steam the potatoes for 10 minutes, until tender. Place in a large bowl, and mash with the milk, rosemary, thyme and the remaining pepper.
- Serve potatoes alongside the steak and mushrooms.