Soup is good food, especially when it's our pasta fagioli. Start your Italian feast off on a light note with this recipe that is sure to bowl everybody over. Who won't want a spoonful?
For 0008 Person(s)
- 24 ounce(s) lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup(s) onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) celery, chopped
- 1 cup(s) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cup(s) cannellini beans
- 2 cup(s) red kidney beans
- 4 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 3 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 ounce(s) rosemary
- 1 dash(es) pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 6 cup(s) tomato sauce
- 8 ounce(s) whole wheat shell pasta
- 2 teaspoon(s) parsley
- Sauté the turkey in oil in a large saucepan. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, and tomatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the beans and add to the pot. Also, add the vegetable broth, oregano, bay leaf, rosemary, pepper, cayenne pepper, tomato sauce, and pasta.
- Add the chopped parsley. Simmer until the celery and carrots are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm