Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Burgers
Beggin' for a burger that won't disappoint? Turn up your turkey burger with sun-dried tomatoes and a whole lot of spices. These delicious patties are prepared to perfection. It doesn't get any better than this.
For 0004 Person(s)
- 1 ounce(s) sun dried tomatoes, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) lime juice
- 8 floz water
- 1/4 cup(s) yogurt
- 2 dash(es) salt, divided
- 2 dash(es) pepper, divided
- 16 ounce(s) extra lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup(s) Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup(s) onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) light mayonnaise
- 1/5 cup(s) plain yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) parsley
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- In a small bowl, cover the sun-dried tomatoes with 1 cup of hot water, and soak for about 35 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes from the water, and squeeze out the excess water, reserving the soaking liquid.
- Chop the tomatoes and put them in a blender with garlic, lime juice, yogurt, salt, and pepper.
- Blend and add water a little at a time until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, Italian style bread crumbs, onion, mayonnaise, yogurt, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the patties in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning once.
- When the juices run clear the burgers are done.
- Serve on a bun and top with sun-dried tomatoes spread.