Gluten-Free Wild Rice Cranberry Salad
Yes, you can cranberry. Transform plain Jane white rice to a berry-bursting experience. Chock full of flavor, this rice dish will drive your guests wild. Dive in!
For 0004 Serving(s)
- 3/4 cup(s) wild rice, uncooked
- 3/4 cup(s) fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup(s) cranberry juice cocktail
- 3 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) carrots, cut in strips
- 1 cup(s) green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil, for rice
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 dash(es) fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- In a rice cooker, place 1 tbsp of olive oil on the bottom.
- Wash and rinse rice, place in the rice cooker and add water. Turn rice cooker on and cook until fluffy.
- Mix cranberries, juice and sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until cranberries open up, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and put aside to cool.
- Place rice and cranberry mixture with remaining ingredients into bowl and toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!