Cucumber, Tomato and Grilled Bread Salad
Although most people delegate cucumbers and tomatoes to a supporting role, they take the lead in this bread salad. Freshen up your menu with this mouthwatering medley that brings plenty of crunch to any lunch... or dinner.
For 0004 Person(s)
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cup(s) tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounce(s) black olives, pitted
- 1 cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 dash(es) pepper
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) basil
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook the bread slices over hot coals for 1 minutes on each side or until golden brown grill marks appear.
- Remove from the heat, rub all over with the garlic.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Let cool and tear bread into 1-inch cubed pieces.
- In a large bowl add the tomatoes, olives, cucumbers and bread cubes.
- In separate small bowl, combine vinegar, pepper, salt, basil, and remaining olive oil.
- Pour over the salad; toss gently to coat.
- Cover and set aside for 20 minutes then serve.