Super Split Pea Soup
Peas and thank you. That's all you need to know when it comes to this soup. A family favorite, it's sure to bowl over your loved ones. In fact, anybody who doesn't get seconds will be green with envy.
For 0004 Person(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onions, chopped
- 6 teaspoon(s) bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cup(s) green split peas, rinsed and drained
- 32 ounce(s) fresh vegetable stock
- 24 floz water
- 2 tablespoon(s) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup(s) cilantro
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 1 dash(es) pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a soup pot.
- Sauté the onion and bay leaves for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and split peas, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, water and soy sauce, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for about 35 minutes.
- Add the celery, carrots, cilantro, oregano, and vinegar.
- Continue to cook until peas are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve hot.