Banana Crumb Muffins
We all know how the cookie crumbles, but what about the muffin? These banana crumble muffins can pull double duty as a breakfast, brunch or dessert. They have plenty of appeal, especially because they're so healthy.
For 0011 Serving(s)
- 2 eggs
- 4 bananas, very ripe
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) rolled oats
- 12 teaspoon(s) cane sugar for crumble topping
- 1/3 cup(s) flour for crumble topping
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, for crumble topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners. You will only need 11.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs. In medium sized bowl, mash bananas with a potato masher or fork.
- Add eggs to banana mash.
- Add brown sugar, baking soda, salt and whisk for one minute.
- Mix in vanilla and melted butter
- Add flour and oats and stir with a spoon or spatula until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among 10-11 muffin tins, filling a generous 3/4 full.
- In a small bowl, combine and mix crumble ingredients. Prepare crumble top by mashing ingredients together with a fork for a wet and grainy texture. Generously top muffins with the topping.
- Bake for 17-22 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes, remove from muffin tin and serve warm.