Tomato Pesto Tart
Somewhere between pizza and pastries lies this tomato-pesto tart. Prepared with fresh pesto and tomatoes, it's a slice of gourmet heaven. Sink your teeth into it.
For 0006 Serving(s)
- 1 frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoon(s) pesto
- 3 tomatoes on the vine, sliced into 1/8 in slices
- 1 dash(es) salt, to taste
- 1 dash(es) pepper, to taste
- 1/2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a warmed skillet, with oil saute onions and garlic until soft and tender. Set aside for later use.
- Unfold pastry onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Once unfolded, use a small paring knife to create the crust. Go in about 1/2 inch all around the pastry creating a crust, make sure not to cut through. With a fork, prick the center of pastry to prevent it from puffing up during baking.
- Bake pastry for 20 minutes, or until you see some color.
- Remove from oven. Spread pesto evenly and carefully onto the hot pastry up to the crust.
- Add the onions and garlic to crust.
- Lay tomato slices on top creating an even design with the tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy hot fresh out of the oven.