Better-for-You Butternut Squash Soup
Squash thoughts of unfulfilling side dishes. Instead, opt for this perfect way to utilize your butternut squash. Enjoy an alternative from the usual greens and veg out with a mellow yellow offering.
For 0004 Person(s)
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 fennel stalks, chopped
- 1 carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) ginger
- 1 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) cardamom
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 32 oz carton of vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise and clean out the seeds.
- Place sliced side down on a lightly oiled 9 x13 baking sheet.
- Cover with foil and bake until tender, about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove the skin with a fork.
- Heat the oil and sauté the onion, fennel stalks, carrots, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, cardamom, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Once onion is translucent add the scooped out butternut squash and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour the ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Season with the remaining salt and pepper.