Candied Turkey Bacon
Bacon doesn't have to be a bad word. This lean, mean pork offering is the ultimate breakfast offering. It has all the flavor of bacon without the unhealthy fat. Check out this tasty version.
For 0004 Person(s)
- 18 pecans
- 12 slices lean turkey bacon
- 1 cup(s) light maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat oven to 400 ºF.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the pecans in a bowl and crush into 1/8 inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bacon and pecans and toss.
- Add the maple syrup to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Arrange the bacon slices in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake until the bacon is crisp about 20 minutes. Halfway through the cooking, turn the bacon over.
- Sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes over bacon.
- Serve warm.