Slow Cooker Apple Butter
Apples to apples. This butter is versatile. Skip the store-bought brands and prepare your own. Slather this delicious, healthy butter in lieu of fatty dairy products on your next English muffin.
- Peel, core and finely chop apples. Place in slow cooker
- In a medium sized bowl, mix apple cider, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, ground cloves and salt.
- Cover and cook on high for an hour.
- Reduce to low heat and cook for another 8-10 hours until the mixture is browned and thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Uncover and cook on low for an additional hour. Stir for adequate smoothness and texture.
- Store in airtight containers, good for 5 days in refrigerator or freeze.
- Use as topping for pancakes, waffles, pork chops, yogurt, and oatmeal!