All side dishes are not created equal. Shelve those fat-ladened pasta and rice dishes in favor of a leaner, cleaner offering. This couscous salad is a simple fix that's light and refreshing. It's a salad side that won't disappoint.
For 0001 Serving(s)
- 2 ounce(s) couscous
- 1/2 cup(s) organic vegetable broth
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup(s) cherry tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onion, sliced
- 50 raisins
- 10 pine nuts
- 1 dash(es) salt, to taste
- 1 dash(es) fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/3 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 tablespoon(s) honey
- Place couscous in a bowl and add hot vegetable broth over top. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Stir in vegetables, raisins and pine nuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for dressing, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey.
- Pour over couscous and stir to mix in dressing. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!