Dutch Oven Eggplant Parmesan
It's OK to be cheesy when you prepare this classic Italian dish. When you are looking for a meatless Italian staple, this is eggs-actly the recipe you want.
For 2 Person(s)
- 1 cup(s) elbow macaroni, dry
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cup(s) marinara
- 2 cup(s) eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1 cup(s) mozzarella, shredded
- 2 tablespoon(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 ounce(s) bread crumbs
- In a Dutch oven pot, place pasta with 1/3 cup of water. Make sure to spread the pasta out into a single even layer with water coating the pasta.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the marinara sauce with oregano, basil, garlic salt and pepper. Place the eggplant cubed in the pot on top of the noodles. Spread a layer of marinara sauce on top of eggplant.
- Sprinkle half the mozzarella cheese on top of the marinara in an even layer.
- Repeat, starting with eggplant layer until pot is full.
- Top with grated parmesan and bread crumbs.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!