Beef and Bok Choy
Choy to the world! This beef and bok choy recipe is chock full of Asian flare. A healthy alternative to sodium-laden, calorie-loaded takeout, this gourmet dish brings plenty to the table. Eat up!
For 0004 Person(s)
- 16 ounce(s) beef tenderloin
- 3 bok choy
- 12 floz water
- 1 teaspoon(s) beef stock
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1/3 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 5 ounce(s) Chinese noodles, cooked
- 1 tablespoon(s) potato starch
- 1 tablespoon(s) Japanese mustard
- Cut beef crosswise into 1/4 inch-thick slices, then cut slices into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Chop the bok choy stems into 2-inch julienned and keep separate.
- Mix water, beef stock, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar to a bowl.
- Add beef strips to sauce.
- Heat vegetable 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok over a medium heat.
- Add beef strips and cook, stirring carefully, until slices separate. Transfer beef with tongs and drain.
- Add the cooked Chinese noodles to the skillet and remove when they are crispy. Set aside but keep warm.
- Pour the reserved oil into the wok, add the garlic and ginger and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the beef and bok choy stems and after about 1 minute add the leaves.
- Stir in the reserved sauce.
- Bring to a simmer and add the potato starch.
- Pour sauce over the noodles and add Japanese mustard to taste.
- Serve immediately.