Beans and beef make a most perfect union in this healthy chili. A family favorite, this scrumptious staple packs a mean protein punch. It's a recipe that will bowl over your loved ones. Dig in!
For 10 Serving(s)
- 24 ounce(s) lean ground beef (1.5 lbs)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 6 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 8 tablespoon(s) green chiles, diced
- 7 cup(s) crushed tomatoes
- 4 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 3 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 15 ounce(s) kidney beans (1 can), drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) Garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cup(s) black beans (1 can), drained
- 2 cup(s) corn kernels
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Brown ground beef until you see no redness.
- Stir in the onion, and season with bay leaves, cumin, oregano, and salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Mix in the celery, green bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and green Chile pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix the tomatoes into the pot. Season chili with chili powder and pepper.
- Stir in the kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and black beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, and continue cooking 5 minutes before serving.