Grilled Shrimp Salad
Whoever said there ain't no cure for the summertime blues obviously hadn't sampled this scrumptious shrimp salad. If you want a break from those garden variety greens, opt for this shell of a salad that's sure to liven up your lunch or dinner.
For 0004 Person(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounce(s) shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 1 dash(es) pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) dried bay leaves or 1 whole bay leaf
- 3/4 cup(s) lemon juice
- 3 teaspoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 10 ounce(s) romaine
- 1 1/2 cup(s) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup(s) sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 lemon peel, cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) thyme
- 1 tablespoon(s) cilantro
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add shrimp, salt, pepper, garlic, cilantro, cayenne pepper, bay leaf, and thyme, stirring occasionally for about 7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.
- Mix Romaine, beans, tomatoes and shrimp with the salad dressing.
- Top with avocado slices.
- Garnish with strips of lemon peel.